Small Business Saturday
The 2018 holiday season is here and with it, celebrated shopping days, Black Friday and Cyber Monday. And there’s one falling on Saturday, November 24, that you may not be as familiar with: Small Business Saturday.
Since 2010, the Saturday following Thanksgiving and Black Friday has been designated a shopping holiday, celebrating small businesses, their service to local communities and their contribution to the US economy.
According to the US Small Business Administration, 30.2 million small businesses operate in the US – 99.9% of all US businesses. What’s more, small businesses employ 58.9 million workers – 47.5% of all US employees. That’s an economic contribution worth celebrating.
At Mirador, we do what we do to ensure small businesses can access the funds they need to grow. So you can be sure we’re celebrating small businesses this coming Saturday.
Whether you’re a small business, a financial institution who funds small business growth or someone who simply likes to support the local community, take a look at a few ways you can support small businesses on Saturday, November 24:
Individuals, Community Supporters and Organizations
· Search. Look for local businesses participating in your area.
· Share. Spread the word on social. Plan to use hashtags #SmallBusinessSaturday, #SmallBizSat and #ShopSmall.
· Shop. Plan to do as much holiday shopping as you can at local businesses on Saturday.
· Prep. Peruse these last-minute marketing tips and 21 simple ideas for a successful Small Business Saturday. Find even more insights on the Small Business Administration website.
· Promote. Take a look at these free marketing materials, and be sure to get the word out on social.
· Participate. When Saturday rolls around, engage customers, enjoy the energy of the holiday crowds, and, above all, participate in the celebration of all you’ve accomplished in establishing and operating one the pillars of the US economy – small businesses.
Our team at Mirador wishes each of you a festive and successful #SmallBusinessSaturday.